Risk Factors of Yeast Infection
People suffering from HIV/AIDs are susceptible to yeast infection with a high probability of becoming systemic.
• People with Diabetes that is not kept under proper control.
• People undergoing Cancer treatments.
• Medications like steroids that suppress the immune system.
• Sexual intercourse with infected individuals
• Wearing moist or wet clothing (like swimsuits) for long durations.
• Hormone replacement therapy and infertility treatment may also increase the risk factor of Candidiasis.
• Women undergoing hormone changes such as during pregnancy.
• Newborn babies are prone to Oral candidiasis.
• The use of contraceptives has been reported as a risk factor since they affect the balance of hormones in women.
• Use of Antibiotics can cause mild yeast infections to get worse.